Friday 27 September 2019

Pillow day

                    Pillow day for the Seniors

Hello bloggers! In Te Waka Ako we had pillow day with Toutouwai. The seniors had to bring pillows for a good sleep during class. And for pillow designs... What we had to do is make a design in our art books with a quote in a language that you speak in like French, Spanish, Te reo or Russian! I chose a Harry Potter theme pillow in the shape of a witch hat or a light blob that says, "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light." The design I wanted to go with was black and purple squares. 

After that we went to the Duffy assembly! Robert Rakete was our visitor. He told us that he was also on the radio and what made him love books. He even told us how he went on The Wiggles. It was because he went on the radio and someone called him and asked if he could sing a song for The Wiggles on a show. He even told us how hard it was performing on stage. After assembly we got to read our books with Toutouwai. I read with Gabriel. It was fun having my pillow at school. I was tired when I woke up from the bell.


1 comment:

  1. Well done Teuila this is a great explanation of the day we had. We hope to paint these pillows later this term. I thought Robert Rakete was an excellent speaker and an inspiration with what he has had done with his life. I also thought he was very funny and would like to see him as his brown wiggle character.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.