Friday 20 March 2020

Cameron pools / Our school pool

                  Cameron pools/ Our school pool
On Tuesday we went to Cameron pools and we got to swim in life jackets. We have 3 Groups to take on the bus each time we go. I'm in group 3 with Mokoroa.  First we had to put the life jackets on and 😱 FREEZING COLD!! Something I learnt went I put it on is that I saw sponges in the jacket and I explained to the life guards and everyone how it floats. If you don't know they're full of sponges to soak up the water and when it soaks up with water that means the air fills the spaces up and makes you float.🎈 The instructions are. Hold your nose with your left hand and hold your left shoulder with your right hand. 👃🙌Once your done the teacher lets you know when to take 1 step off the wall. After she tells you all to jump off you have to huddle into a group. We had to float on our back while we huddle, Kick left to right while we huddle. After all that huddling we have to make a train. Someone kept on pulling me really hard it felt so uncomfortable. I tried not to kick. Check out our photos

3 comments:

  1. This looks like it was a lot of fun Teuila, but at the same time you were learning a life skill at the same time! Your explanation of how the life jackets work is very clear, I didn't know about the sponges. Over the next few weeks, we would really like to see how you are continuing with your learning at home, during this time away from school. Please remember to check out the syndicate site when we finish the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Teuila I am Aamena as you know me. True! I remember that as well. I felt ok. The life Jackets were tight for me what about you? Keep up the amazing work! Please vist my blog go to wpsaamenas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great skill to learn Teuila. Your post is very informative and you demonstrated that you had listened to the swimming instructor and were able to explain how the life jacket works. I hope you are enjoying completing your school work from home at the moment. Keep posting!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.